This site was created by Larry Shively who is researching the history of the Shively families. The goal is to have a site where all Shively researchers can share and ask questions in regards to their Shively lines. The largest majority of the Shively family records are located in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana. There are early records of Shively's also in Virginia and Kentucky. There are not many established Shively lineages back to Europe. There are documented lineages to Switzerland and Germany. Through the sharing of information from all of our research it is desired that all can learn about our Shively families.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Will Of Phillip Shively Who Lived In Monongalia County, West Virginia

Research continues on Phillip Shively who lived in Monongalia County, WV. Phillip Shively was a son of Michael Shively.  Other sons of Michael Shively included Christian Shively and Jacob Shively  who moved to Jefferson County, KY and Henry Shively who moved to Kentucky.  

The will of Phillip Shively is recorded in the Monongalia County, WV Will Book 1, Page 138:
In the name of God Amen, I Philip Shively of Monongalia County Virginia being weak in body but sound in mind and memory do make and constitute this my last will and testament in manner and form following – I do hereby set aside and annul all former Wills and Testaments made by me, My son John Shively I have already given his share of my property  My son Michael Shively he in his lifetime received his full share  to my son Jacob I give and bequeath the tract of Land on which he lives.  To my son Philip I bequeath the tract of Land on which I now live and in consideration of money I borrowed of him for which he holds my obligations I leave or bequeath to him all the money notes and accounts after paying my debts funeral expences the recording this my last will &c  that I leave at my death.  To my son Henry I have given him his full share, my daughter Polly I bequeath thirty dollars   My daughter Catharine I have paid her Eighty dollars which is the amount of her share,  My daughter Sarah I have paid her portion,  To my daughter Betsy I leave her fifty dollars.  My afflicted daughter Abigail I have given Damuel Basnet Notes to the amount of one hundred and fifty   dollars   
(Page 132 is written by hand) 
one milch cow one feather bed and beding for her use   I also bequeath to my son Jacob a certain coal bank on McKinleys run adjoing lands of D. Wallace and Solomon Huffman   I wish it particularly understood that the Land and the money is to cover and fully discharge the obligations I have given to my son Philip for the money I borrowed from him, and I do hereby appoint and constitute my son Jacob my Executor of this my last will and Testament and my Neighbor and good friend Christopher Brewer as trustee of the same  I do hereby declare this my last will and testament in Testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 20th June 1841.
               his
Philip       x       Shively
             mark
Signed and sealed in presence of
D. Wallace, Richard Thomas, Robert Freeburn.
At a court held in Monongalia county July term 1841 the foregoing last will and testament of Philip Shively deceased was produced in court duly proven by the oath of David Wallace  Richard Thomas and Robert Freeburn witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded.
Attest: Thos. P. Ray, Clerk

Additional information on the children of Phillip Shively include the following: John Shively married Teresa Scott.  He died about 1833 in Rush County, IN.   Jacob Shively married Catherine Pickenpaugh.  He died on 4-Mar-1869 in Monongalia County, WV.  Philip Shively married Margaret Tribbit.  He died about 1872 in Henry County, IN.  Henry Shively married Matilda Pickenpaugh.  Catherine Shively married Samuel Basnet.  Sarah Shively married Benjamin Thomas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment